Pita Pockets w/ White Sauce
These chicken & vegetable stuffed pita pockets with melted cheese on top can make a delicious snack or dinner.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 5 Pita Bread
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Chopped Spring onion
- ¼ cup Juvenile Cut carrot
- ¼ cup Boiled and Shredded Chicken
- ¼ cup Chopped onion
- ¼ cup Chopped Capsicum
- 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 3 tablespoon All-purpose Flour / Maida
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt-
- ½ teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Oregano Powder
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Oregano Leaves
- 1. In a Pan add 4 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2. For the Filling, Add onions, carrot, shredded chicken, Spring onions, capsicum and stir fry for a few minutes, add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and oyster sauce sauté a few minutes and switch of the stove.
- 3. Grill pita Bread on a pan, Cut in half and open from the center as pockets are made and fill the matter of the filling and line on a Pyrex dish.
- 4. For White Sauce, Add butter in a pan, add garlic paste, add flour and stir well until the flour changes color, add milk to it and keep stirring to avoid making lumps.
- 5. When the sauce starts to thicken add salt, pepper and white pepper and oregano powder, mix and switch of the stove.
- 6. Add ¼ cup cheddar cheese divided in the sauce and stir, add half of mozzarella cheese divided and stir until they melt and incorporated in the sauce.
- 7. Pour the white sauce on the lined Pita bread in the Pyrex dish, Sprinkle the remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheese over it and garnish with oregano leaves over the surface.
- 8. Put in preheated oven at 200 degree centigrade for 20 minutes, later grill from the top for 2 minutes or until light brown
- 9. Serve Immediately