A great way to use leftover aloo ka bhurta or other vegetables is to make paratha’s from them.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 100 grams of Potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed)
- 2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Green Chillies (Hari Mirch) (chopped)
- 1 Onion (peeled & chopped)
- A few strands of Fresh Cilantro/Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania) (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon of Ginger Paste (Pisi Adrak)
- ½ teaspoon of Garlic Paste (Pisa Lasan)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon of Cooking Oil
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) or Butter (for frying)
- 1. In a heavy based pot heat the oil until it is hot.
- 2. Add in the green chillies and onions and fry onions to golden brown.
- 3. Add in the ginger paste, garlic paste, mashed potato and salt and mix well.
- 4. Add the cilantro (hara dhania) leaves, fry for another 5-6 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- 5. Mix the wheat flour with salt and knead by adding water and make a soft dough.
- 6. Divide the dough into small balls and roll them out into round rotis with a roller.
- 7. Place some of the potato mixture in the center of each round roti, cover with another round roti and close the edges by pressing with your fingers. Roll this again into a round shape.
- 8. Fry in a pan of clarified butter or butter on both sides until cooked well.
- 9. Repeat this process with the remaining dough and potato mixture.