Prawn Tempura is a classic Japanese dish but it is much loved in Pakistan, especially during the winter season.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- 300 grams Prawns
- 2 tablespoon + 1/4 cup Plain wheat flour
- 3 tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoon Garlic paste
- Baking soda a pinch
- White pepper a pinch
- Black pepper a pinch
- Salt a pinch
- Oil to fry
- 1. Clean the prawns cut slits in prawns and straighten them (so it’s easier to dip)
- 2. Combine 2 tablespoon plain wheat flour, cornflour, egg and garlic paste in a bowl. Season with white pepper, black pepper and salt.
- 3. Pour cold water to mix it, the mixture should be neither too thick nor too thin.
- 4. Add ¼ cup of wheat flour and a little baking soda. Mix it by hand.
- 5. Rub black pepper and salt on the cut prawns.
- 6. Coat prawns with dry plain wheat flour.
- 7. Dip the prawns in the mixture one by one, and fry them in a sauce pan.
- 8. Steaming hot Prawn Tempura is ready.
- 9. Drain on absorbent paper or tissue paper.