Lahori Chicken Chargha
Chicken Chargha is a whole piece of chicken, marinated with spices and then fried. It’s enjoyed all over Pakistan, however, the most famous version ...
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 1 kg Whole chicken washed and dried
- 2 tablespoon Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- Yellow color pinch
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon Chat masala
- 1. Firstly wash chicken. Dry and put deep cuts on it with a knife
- 2. In a bowl add yogurt, chili powder, egg, vinegar, ginger garlic paste, a pinch of yellow food color, salt, garam masala and 1 teaspoon chat masala.
- 3. Mix together with chicken and marinate it for 2 hours.
- 4. In a deep vessel, steam the chicken on low flame for 20 minutes till water evaporates.
- 5. Then deep fry it until golden brown cooked through.
- 6. Lastly sprinkle remaining chat masala
Notes:Photo credits: bolosuch.com Serve with salad, yogurt sauce and also with some crispy fries.