Make the spicy aromatic marinade for this chicken 2-3 days in advance. All you need to do is cook it on the day of your party.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg Chicken
- 12 Garlic cloves
- 20 Whole dry red chilies
- 4 Green cardamoms (elaichi)
- 2 inch stick Cinnamon (daar cheeni)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (haldi)
- 4 to 5 Cloves (long)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (zeera)
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ½ cup Fresh coriander leaves, chopped.
- 1. Grind together garlic, red chilies, cloves, green cardamoms, cinnamon and turmeric powder to a fine paste.
- 2. Apply this paste and salt to the chicken pieces and allow to marinate for two hours in the refrigerator.
- 3. Heat oil, add cumin seeds (zeera) and sauté for 30 seconds till they start to splutter
- 4. Add the marinated chicken pieces and sauté for a few minutes till chicken changes color.
- 5. Add yogurt with half a cup of water.
- 6. Cook till done and then serve hot.
- 7. Sprinkled with coriander leaves.
Notes:Photo credits: allrecipes.com