Chicken Corn Soup
Come winters and we will have chicken corn soup being sold at almost every street corner in Pakistan. It’s a comforting soup in the chilly winter.
- PREP TIME: 45 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chicken, boiled and shredded
- 1 cup corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg white
- Greens of 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- Soya sauce, to serve
- Sliced green chilies in vinegar, to serve
- Chili sauce, to serve
- 1. Bring chicken stock to a boil.
- 2. Once it comes to boil, add in shredded chicken pieces and corn.
- 3. Add salt & pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if required.
- 4. Dissolve corn flour with water and add in the stock, keep stirring so no
- 5. lumps form.
- 6. Beat egg white, and then slowly pour in the hot soup.
- 7. Garnish with sliced spring onions.
- 8. Serve with soya sauce, sliced green chilies in vinegar and chili sauce.
Notes:Photo credits: Shutterstock