Chola Pulao (Chickpea Pulao)
This pulao made from chickpeas (chola) is great for cooking on a budget and is also a great vegetarian alternative. Serve with raita, red chutney and ...
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 cup Chickpeas (Channa), boiled
- 1 cup Black Chickpea (Kala chana), boiled
- ½ kg Rice
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Yogurt (whipped)
- 1 teaspoon White Cumin (zeera)
- 3 Green chilies
- 1. Heat oil.
- 2. Add onion. Fry till light golden.
- 3. Add ginger garlic paste and white cumin (safaid zeera)
- 4. Add garam masala, salt both the boil channay and yoghurt, fry well.
- 5. Add rice, green chilies, 2 cups water cook on high flame for 5 min.
- 6. Lower the flame and leave it on dam.
Notes:Photo credits: hamarakitchen