This recipe uses traditional Nihari masala. Make a batch to store in the fridge and then use it when required.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg (8 pieces) Chicken
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 tablespoons Ginger garlic, paste
- 2 teaspoon Salt by taste
- 2 teaspoon Chili powder
- ¼ cup Wheat flour (dissolved in water)
- ¼ cup Plain flour (dissolved in water)
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2 Green chilies (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Brown onion
- Lemon wedges to serve
- For Nihari Masala:
- 1 tablespoon Aniseeds (sonf)
- 1 teaspoon White cumin
- 1 Anise star (badiyan ka phool)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon Ginger (dried)
- 3 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1. For Masala: Grind aniseeds(sonf), white cumin, anise star, garam masala, ginger and chili powder all together, fill in the bottle and store.
- 2. For Nihari: Heat clarified butter then add ginger garlic paste, salt and chili powder, slightly fry.
- 3. Add chicken and 4 tablespoon of the prepared nihari masala, fry well.
- 4. Add 5 cups of water when water boiling, add in the dissolve paste of both the wheat flour and plain flour.
- 5. Keep stirring till one boil comes, lower flame and leave it on simmer till chicken tender and oil comes on top.
- 6. Garnish with coriander leaves, chopped green chilies, lemon, brown onion.
Notes:Photo credits: madeeasy