Thinly sliced potatoes baked in a garlicky cream sauce topped with melted cheese. This is comfort food at its best.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Milk 1 ¼ cup
- Cream 2/3 cup
- ½ teaspoon salt + ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper + 1 teaspoon pepper
- Garlic, crushed 3 cloves
- Potatoes ½ kg
- Butter 2 tablespoon
- Cheddar cheese, grated 1 cup
- Parsley to garnish
- 1. Whisk milk, cream and salt & pepper. Set aside.
- 2. Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice the potatoes thinly using either a knife or a mandolin.
- 3. Grease the bottom of a glass Pyrex dish with butter or oil.
- 4. Arrange the potatoes in layers in the dish. Sprinkle a pinch of salt, pepper, sliced garlic and cheese between each layer. Reserve ½ cup of grated cheese for the top.
- 5. Pour the milk and cream mixture over the potatoes.
- 6. Finish with about ½ cup of grated cheese over the top layer. Make sure that the potatoes are completely covered.
- 7. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 8. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 – 35 minutes till top is light golden and potatoes are tender. Check the potatoes by piercing a knife and if it passes through then potatoes are done.
- 9. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.