Cream of Chicken Soup
The base for this cream of chicken soup is a classic white sauce or roux. Serve hot with crunchy croutons or garlic bread for a light lunch.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Butter 2 tablespoon
- Flour 2 tablespoon
- Milk 4 cups
- Caster sugar 2 tablespoon
- Cooked chicken finely chopped, 2 cups
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper ½ teaspoon
- Garlic crushed 2 – 3 cloves
- 1. Heat butter until melted.
- 2. Gradually stir in flour and sauté for 30 seconds till it becomes a paste and the raw flavor is gone.
- 3. Gradually add milk and continue whisking. Bring to boil after which it will thicken.
- 4. Turn heat on simmer and add chicken, salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- 5. Cook on simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 6. Serve hot with garlic bread or croutons.
Notes:Photo credits: cookmymind.blogspot