This hearty sandwich has steak strips, caramelized onions and cheese. It’s a good option for a light dinner with leftover sandwiches being taken to ...
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- Beef undercut, cut in strips 250 gm
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Garlic, minced 2 – 3 cloves
- Black pepper, crushed 1 teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce ½ tablespoon + ½ tablespoon
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Onions, sliced 2
- Mustard paste 1 teaspoon
- Mayonnaise 1 tablespoon
- Cheese slices as required
- Bread or buns as required
- 1. Marinate the beef undercut strips with salt, minced garlic, crushed black pepper and ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. Marinate for 20 – 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 2. Heat oil. Add marinated beef, stir-fry for a few minutes on each side till cooked. Set aside.
- 3. In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon more oil and turn heat to medium.
- 4. Add Add ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and sauté the sliced onions till caramelized and golden. Set aside.
- 5. Make steak sandwiches by spreading mustard and/or mayonnaise on bread slices.
- 6. Top with steak strips, caramelized onions, cheese slice and then the other bread slice.
- 7. Serve immediately with ketchup on the side.