Make these sandwiches in the morning. Cover with cling wrap properly and then serve them at your tea party and relax.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 4 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup cheese, grated (cheddar or mozzarella)
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder or mustard paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 Bread slices
- 1. Make the filling for egg sandwiches by mashing boiled egg with butter, cheese, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 2. Taste & adjust seasonings if required.
- 3. Apply paste on one bread slice. Top with the other and cut into desired shape.
- 4. Serve.
- 5. Cover with cling film or aluminum foil to ensure that they don’t get dry.
Notes:Photo credits: ameessavorydish.com There can be lot of variations to these simple egg sandwiches. Open sandwiches can be made with paste applied on side and then topped with ice-berg lettuce, olives, jalapenos or cucumbers. A cookie cutter can also be used to cut the bread into different shapes. This is quite appealing among children.