Masala Aloo or Spicy Potatoes
This potato (aloo) dish is different from the regular sabzi’s because of the addition of mustard seeds.
- PREP TIME: 40 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 4 boiled and diced potatoes
- 2 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ red chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- Few curry leaves (karri patta)
- 1 lemon’s juice
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- 1. Put chopped potatoes in a bowl.
- 2. Add salt, red chili powder, chili flakes and gram flour (besan) to the potatoes and mix well.
- 3. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and saute for 30 seconds till they sizzle.
- 4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for another minute till raw flavor is removed.
- 5. Add the masala marinated potatoes and cook for a few minutes till the potatoes are warmed through.
- 6. Add curry leaves and lemon juice and cover for 5 minutes.
- 7. Turn off heat, sprinkle fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Notes:Photo credits: cooksjoy.com