Macaroni & Cheese
Make sure you keep this Mac & Cheese under the broiler for at least 5 minutes – the melted cheese top will make it even tastier.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 – 5 tomatoes, peeled & blended into a paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili
- ½ teaspoon + ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon + ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 250 grams boiled macaroni
- ½ cup cream
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 2 spring onion
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion for a few minutes till translucent.
- 3. Add tomato paste, red chilies, salt & pepper and cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- 4. Add macaroni & capsicum. Stir together then add cream. Mix well and then turn the heat off.
- 5. Grease an oven proof dish with butter or oil. Add the macaroni mixture and spread till the edges.
- 6. Top with spring onions and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- 7. Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and then bread crumbs.
- 8. Bake at 180 C for 15 – 20 minutes till warmed through and golden brown on top. If you want a crisper and browned crust, keep it under the broiler for 5 minutes.
Notes:Photo credits: dancingthroughthefire.com