Having a BBQ at home? This Malai Boti recipe is going to be a sure favourite.
- PREP TIME: 75 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ½ kg Chicken, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon papaya paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Skewers as required
- Onions, Tomatoes, Capsicum (Cut in cubes for presentation - optional)
- Oil as required
- 1 piece of Coal
- 1. In ½ kg chicken, add in yoghurt, cream, crushed red chili flakes, black pepper, green chillies, salt, papaya paste, lemon juice.
- 2. Marinate for at least an hour.
- 3. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes.
- 4. Start threading the chicken in the skewers. To add a bit more color you can add tomato cubes, capsicum cubes or onions in the skewers.
- 5. The malai boti can be made using three different ways - on a barbeque, baked or grilled/fried.
- 6. Barbeque the malai boti on a barbeque. Make sure to drizzle oil as required.
- 7. Alternatively, shallow fry / grill the malai boti on a pan till tender. Smoke with a piece of coal for the barbeque flavor after it is cooked.
- 8. The malai boti can also be baked in the oven. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and drizzle some oil. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 - 40 minutes till cooked. Smoke with a piece of coal for barbeque flavor.
- 9. Serve hot.
Notes:Photo credits: Shutterstock.com