This korma recipe will be a hit in your family.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 120 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 6 cloves / laung
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds / sabit dhaniya
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds / sabit zeera
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom seeds / hari elaichi kay daanay
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes / kutti laal mirch
- ¼ cup almonds (blanched & sliced)
- 8 garlic cloves
- ½ inch piece ginger root, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons + ½ cup oil
- 1 kg beef (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoon maida / flour
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves / hara dhaniya
- 1. Take a small bowl and add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, crushed red peppers, and whole cloves. Put these ingredients into a spice grinder and grind into a fine powder.
- 2. Once the spices are ground add almonds, garlic, ginger, salt, cinnamon and 1/3 cup water. Grind until the mixture resembles a paste. Set aside.
- 3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot. Once oil gets hot, add meat and fry for about 2-3 minutes till color changes and meat turns brown. Remove the meat and set it aside.
- 4. Add remaining oil in the same pan. Add sliced onions and fry till light brown.
- 5. Reduce heat to medium and add the reserved spice mixture. Saute for 3-4 minutes until spice is mixed through.
- 6. Add the meat and 1 cup water to the saucepan. Cover and simmer for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until the meat is tender and well cooked; by stirring occasionally.
- 7. Add yoghurt, garam masala along with flour (dissolved in water) and stir through. Cook while stirring till thick & bubbly.
- 8. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.