Mutton Korma / Qorma
Who doesn't love mutton korma especially with a light kachumber salad on the side.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 75 minutes
- SERVINGS: 5 persons
- ½ - ¾ cup oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 750 gm mutton boti
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder / dhaniya powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 3-4 cloves / laung
- 2-3 whole green cardamom / choti elaichi
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks / daal chini
- 2 teaspoon fried brown onions
- 1. Heat oil in a large pot.
- 2. Add the sliced onions and fry till light brown. Once the onions are brown take them out and set aside. Make sure they don’t burn.
- 3. In the same oil, add mutton, yoghurt, salt, water, coriander powder, red chilli powder and stir for a few minutes.
- 4. Add the garlic paste, ginger paste, cloves, green cardamom and the cinnamon sticks and saute for about 1 minute.
- 5. Add 1 cup water and bring the mutton to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, turn heat to low, cover the pot and cook on simmer till the mutton is half-cooked.
- 6. Add the fried onions at this point and cover again. Cook for about 30 – 45 minutes more till the mutton is tender.
- 7. Serve hot with brown onions as garnish.