Tandoori Paneer Skewers
These paneer cubes are marinated in a Tandoori spice mix and then skewered.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes (plus 2 hours marination)
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 250 gms paneer/cottage cheese
- 3 capsicums / Shimla mirch (can be colored or green depending on budget & preference)
- 1 large onion
- 200 gms hung curd/greek yogurt (strain yoghurt in a muslin cloth for 2-3 hours to let the water drain)
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- juice of half lemon
- 1 to 2 tablespoon oil or ghee or butter for brushing
- 1. If you are looking for a recipe to make paneer at home, click here.
- 2. Cut the paneer, capsicum and onion in cubes. Cut them roughly the same size so that they look pretty on skewers. Set aside.
- 3. Take a large bowl and add yoghurt. Whisk the yoghurt till smooth.
- 4. Add ginger garlic paste, paprika, red chili powder, turmeric, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, garam masala, black pepper and lemon. Whisk all the spices together till smooth.
- 5. Add the vegetables and paneer to the marinade. Let it marinade for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- 6. Take bamboo skewers and start skewering the paneer/cottage cheese & vegetables.
- 7. Keep alternating the vegetables with cottage / paneer to make it look pretty.
- 8. The paneer tikka’s can be baked in oven or grilled on a stovepan.
- 9. If making on a stovetop brush the grill pan with oil. Make sure there is enough oil so the paneer doesn’t stick. Grill the paneer tikka’s for about 5-10 minutes each side till the edges are charred and vegetables are soft.
- 10. If making in an oven. Pre-heat the oven on 200 C for about 10 – 15 minutes. Layer a baking sheet with aluminimum foil and brush it with oil. Bake the paneer tikka for about 20 – 30 minutes. Turn the skewers halfway through so that both sides are grilled.