Potato and Cheese Croquettes
These potato croquettes can be made in a batch and frozen in advance. They can be eaten as is, or mashed and used as a sandwich filing.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- Boiled Potato ½ kg
- Butter 50 grams
- Black Pepper 1 teaspoon
- Parmesan cheese 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Parsley 4 tablespoon
- Egg 2
- Bread crumbs 1 cup
- Oil for frying
- 1. Mash the boiled potatoes with a fork or a potato masher. Add melted butter, salt, black pepper, red chili pepper (optional), chopped coriander and shredded cheese. Mix well.
- 2. Make small balls or croquettes out of this mixture and set aside.
- 3. Create an assembly for coating – keep flour in a shallow plate, egg in a bowl and then keep breadcrumbs in a shallow plate again.
- 4. Dip the potato & cheese croquettes in flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs. The potato & cheese croquettes can be deep fried as is or can be frozen for later use.
- 5. Deep fry the croquettes till golden brown.
- 6. Serve hot with ketchup or chili garlic sauce.
- 7. Frying frozen chicken Potato & Cheese Croquettes: The croquettes can be fried directly from the freezer; however, they need to be fried on a low-medium flame as it will take those 1-2 minutes extra versus frying them fresh.