This spicy & tangy chana chaat is a street food favorite. Make this version in your own style at home and enjoy a healthy fulfilling snack.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 5 minutes (overnight soaking and cooking for chickpeas)
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- ½ cup dried chickpeas (cholay) or 2 cups cooked chickpeas/cholay
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled and cut into cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 small or 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- Green chutney, as required
- Imli chutney, as required
- Chaat masala, as required
- ½ cup papri (or as required)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coriander leaves (dhaniya) for garnish
- Lemon juice, optional (as per taste)
- 1. If using dried chickpeas soak them overnight in water. Drain and then cook in a pressure cooker with salt and water till cooked. Set aside to cool. If using canned or cooked chickpeas proceed with the recipe.
- 2. Peel potatoes. Boil with salted water till tender. Let them cool then cut them into cubes.
- 3. In a large bowl add chickpeas, chopped boiled potatoes, tomatoes, onions and green chilies.
- 4. Add green chutney, imli chutney, salt & lemon juice (optional).
- 5. Stir well. Taste & adjust seasonings if required.
- 6. Top with lots of papri and coriander leaves.
- 7. Serve cold and enjoy.