Fried fish fillets
We love this crispy fried fish served with french fries and ketchup.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Fish fillet ½ kg
- Flour ½ cup
- Egg (separated) 1
- Tabasco sauce 1 tablespoon
- Salt ½ teaspoon heaped
- White pepper ½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Oil 1/4th cup + for frying
- Corn flour 2 – 3 tablespoon
- Water to make batter
- 1. Wash fish fillet. Cut into finger size fillets.
- 2. Marinate fish with salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce and lemon juice. Keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. In the meanwhile, beat egg whites in a bowl till stiff peaks are formed.
- 4. Add egg yolk, flour, corn flour, oil, baking powder and salt. Fold with a spatula to make a smooth batter.
- 5. Take out the fish fillets from the fridge and dip them in the batter.
- 6. Heat oil and deep fry the fish fillets on medium flame till light golden.
- 7. Serve with ketchup, French fries and tartar sauce.