Chocolate Eclair Dessert
This rich chocolate & cream dessert is rich, decadent & sinfully delicious.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes + 4 hours chilling time
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- Cooking chocolate or any good quality milk chocolate, chopped – 200 grams
- Coffee 1 teaspoon
- Cream 2 cups (400 ml) + ½ cup (100 ml) for topping
- Vanilla pudding or plain egg pudding 1 sachet
- Milk 2 cups
- Tea biscuits 2 half rolls (For e.g. Marie, Gluco etc)
- Crushed nuts or chocolate for garnish
- 1. In a heatproof bowl, microwave cream, chocolate and coffee together for 1-2 mins. Mix well. Alternately, you can use a double boiler to melt cream, chocolate and coffee.
- 2. Take 2 cups milk and bring it to boil, add pudding sachet and mix well. Set aside.
- 3. In a dish, place a layer of biscuits. Top it with half of the warm pudding, then top with 1/3rd of the chocolate mixture. Pour in a zig zag pattern to create design.
- 4. Layer with biscuits, pudding and the remaining chocolate mixture. Completely cover the top with chocolate mixture.
- 5. Whip 1/2 cup for 3-4 minutes till soft peaks are formed.
- 6. Top the chocolate mixture with whipped cream, and garnish with nuts and grated chocolate.
- 7. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 8. Serve chilled.
Notes:When you will pour the pudding, please make sure that you pour it slowly. Don't pour it altogether. The biscuits may float when the pudding is poured, however, not to worry they will set when refrigerated. In case you feel too reluctant to handle, at step 3 refrigerate for 10 minutes