Cold cake is a great dessert to make when you don't have an oven. Just make sure you use good quality cooking or milk chocolate for it.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 145 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 300 grams plain chocolate, chopped
- 5 ounces butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 100 grams digestive biscuit, roughly broken (or other tea-time biscuits)
- 1. Line a loaf pan with butter paper making sure it extends up the sides.
- 2. Melt chocolate in double boiler or in the microwave. If melting in microwave then heat in 10-15 seconds intervals to make sure the chocolate doesn't scorch.
- 3. Add butter to chocolate. Let sit for 30 seconds then mix well. Add condensed milk and mix well.
- 4. Pour 1/3rd of the chocolate mixture into the base of the tin. Place the biscuits in a single layer over the chocolate.
- 5. Cover with chocolate then biscuits.
- 6. Pour over the rest of the chocolate, and then cover with plastic wrap.
- 7. Place in the fridge until set about 2 hours.
- 8. Loosen the edges of the cake with a sharp knife.
- 9. Turn out into plate. Cut into slices with a sharp serrated knife and serve.
Notes:Photo Credits: Home Cooking Adventures