Crisp puri’s right out of the karhai – just the thing to have on lazy Sunday morning or as part of a family meal.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Plain Flour: 2.5 cups
- Salt:1 tea spoon
- Yogurt: 2 table spoons
- Oil: 2 table spoons for kneading, for frying: use as per wok size
- Luke warm water:as per requirement
- 1. Mix all the ingredients and knead well.
- 2. Dough should be soft but should not be sticky, brush a little oil and cover.
- 3. Put oil in a pan, when its hot, bring the flame to medium
- 4. When you are going to roll out poori, dont use dry flour, brush a little bit of oil on your hands and make a small ball.
- 5. Flatten it with the help of rolling pin and put it in the wok for frying.
- 6. As you put poori in the wok, press it little with the spoon, turn the side and take it out. (this process should take less than a minute, longer you cook, crispy your poori will turn out to be)
- 7. Enjoy them with Halwa and Chanay.