Panjeeri is a nutritional snack made with semolina (suji) and dry fruits. It is usually given to nursing mothers to build up their strength but it can...
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- Ghee 250 grams
- Almonds 100 grams
- Pistachio 100 grams
- Lotus seeds (Makhaney) 100 grams
- Walnuts 100 grams
- Pine nuts (Chilgozay) 100 grams
- Semolina (Suji) 1 kg
- Chaar Maghaz 100 grams (Combination of Almonds, Pumpkin seeds, Melon Seeds and Watermelon seeds)
- Sugar ½ kg
- 1. Heat ghee.
- 2. Put each of the dry fruits (almonds, pistachio, lotus seeds, walnuts & pine nuts) in the Ghee and roast them separately.
- 3. After taking them out, chop them in a chopper and then put them aside.
- 4. Put some more Ghee in the pan and cook (bhoonofy) the Semolina (Suji) on a low flame until it is golden brown.
- 5. Add the Chaar Magaz and the rest of the dry fruits in the Semolina (Suji). Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Now turn off the heat.
- 7. Put in the sugar and mix it well.
Notes:Chaar maghaz is a combination of 4 seeds - Almonds, Pumpkin seeds, Cantaloupe/ Melon Seeds and Water melon seeds. It is easily available in stores with the same name.