Butter chicken or murgh makhani is an Indian dish of chicken in a mildly spiced curry sauce.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon red chili crushed
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Ground)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- ¼ cup Yoghurt
- ½ cup Cream
- 450 gm Boneless Chicken
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- Water as required
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2. Saute white onion until it becomes soft.
- 3. Put butter, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala (1 teaspoon), chili powder, cumin and bay leaf into the saucepan. Stir it for about 1 minute.
- 4. Add tomato puree to the mixture.
- 5. Cook it for 2 minutes while stirring frequently.
- 6. Add cream and yoghurt into the same pan and mix them well.
- 7. Reduce heat to low and cook sauce for 10 minutes. Now add salt, black pepper and cayenne into the mixture.
- 8. Remove the pan from heat and set aside.
- 9. Heat oil (1tablespoon) in a large heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken pieces until it gets slightly brown (for about 10 minutes).
- 10. Reduce the heat and season the chicken with garam masala 1 teaspoon and red chili powder.
- 11. Put 1/3 cup of the prepared sauce into it and cook until liquid get reduced (for about 5 minutes).
- 12. Now pour the rest of the sauce into the chicken. Mix corn flour and water well.
- 13. Put this mixture into the chicken. Cook chicken for 5-10 minutes, or until thickened.
Notes:Photo credits: thegastronomicbong