Making pizza dough from scratch is both therapeutic and delicious. Make the pizza dough in the morning, and then bake it in the afternoon.
- PREP TIME: 120 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- Pizza dough:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry milk powder
- 4 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Chicken Topping:
- 1 cup shredded chicken (marinated in salt, pepper and tandoori or chicken tikka masala then grilled)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red chillies
- A handful of olives (black or green)
- Olive oil, to brush
- Chilli garlic sauce, to drizzle
- 1. Pizza Dough:
- 2. Knead all the pizza dough ingredients with lukewarm water and keep covered in an oiled bowl in a warm place, for 1 hour or till well risen and doubled.
- 3. Roll out onto a floured surface and line a pizza plate with it.
- 4. Assembly:
- 5. To assemble the pizza, roll out dough and brush with olive oil.
- 6. Sprinkle some cheese on top, top with sauce and shredded chicken, onions, tomatoes and capsicums. Top with the remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheese and some crushed red chillies.
- 7. Sprinkle some chilli garlic sauce.
- 8. Let rise again in a warm place for 20 more minutes.
- 9. Bake at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes or till cheese has melted and dough is cooked.
Notes:Photo credits: Shutterstock.com