Szechuan prawns is a popular spicy entrée at chinese restaurants. Can be made in fish or chicken as well.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces cooked prawns, tails removed
- 1. In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soya sauce, corn flour, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger. Set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- 3. Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- 4. Stir in Prawns, and toss to coat with oil. Stir in sauce.
- 5. Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.