Death by Chocolate Cake
Using three different types of chocolate, the name of this cake indicates just how rich and fudgy it is.
- PREP TIME: 180 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- Ingredients for Chocolate Cake:
- 8 oz (225 g) semisweet chocolate chopped
- 2/3 cup (140 g) butter
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 heaped tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Ingredients for frosting:
- 2/3 cup cream
- 9 oz (260 g) semisweet chocolate (40-50% cocoa)
- 1. Chocolate Cake:
- 2. Melt the chocolate with butter over hot water.
- 3. Beat the eggs with sugar, mix with flour, cocoa powder, baking, powder and vanilla essence.
- 4. Slowly fold in the melted butter and chocolate and the sour cream.
- 5. Bake at 180 degrees until a skewer pick inserted in center comes out clean, for 20-30 minutes.
- 6. Cool the cake completely.
- 7. Frosting:
- 8. Heat 2/3 cup thick of heavy cream in a sauce pan.
- 9. Remove from heat, add 9 oz of finely chopped dark chocolate, stir until smooth, and let it cool until in thickens.
- 10. Use one 1/3 of the frosting between the two layers, 1/3 on top, and the rest around the cake.
- 11. Put the cake into the fridge for one hour or more to harden the frosting.
Notes:Photo credits: shutterstock