Pasta w/ Arrabbiata Sauce
Arrabbiata sauce, or sugo all'arrabbiata in Italian, is a spicy sauce for pasta made from garlic, tomatoes, and red chili peppers cooked in olive oil....
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, mince
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoon crushed red chillies
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 kg tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cup pasta, boiled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Heat oil and saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in sugar, basil, red chillies, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer uncovered about 30 minutes.Mash the tomatoes with a spoon every few minutes for a chunky texture.
- 4. Stir in parsley.
- 5. Ladle over the hot cooked pasta
Notes:If a smooth sauce is preferred, then use a hand blender or immersion blender to puree the sauce after cooking.