Make use of sweet & juicy oranges in season by making this orange souffle.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 oz caster sugar
- Pinch orange colour
- 1 tbsp gelatin, dissolved in ¼ cup milk or orange juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp orange essence
- 8 oz (1 cup) cream
- 1. Mix sugar, yolks, flour and little cold milk to make a paste.
- 2. Put this in remaining milk and cook till thick, stir using a whisk continuously.
- 3. Remove and add dissolved gelatin. Cool slightly.
- 4. Beat egg whites till stiff and fold in along with the cream in the custard.
- 5. Add orange colour and orange essence.
- 6. Pour in a mould and chill, or they can be chilled in individual cups or orange skins, halved and orange pulp scooped out.