The traditional katakat is made from animal organs and meat. A variation of that is fish katakat which is a bit more palatable to people who don’t w...
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ½ kg Boneless fish
- ½ cup Gram flour
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 pinch Baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- Oil for fry
- 8 to 10 Green chilies
- 1 bunch coriander
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Crushed black pepper
- 1. In a bowl add boneless fish, gram flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, baking soda, garlic paste and salt to taste to mix. Marinate for 15 - 20 minutes
- 2. Heat oil and fry the fish for 2-3 minutes each side. Set aside.
- 3. Make green masala by blending green chilies & coriander with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- 4. Heat oil and put a flat tawa or frying pan on it (similar to the katakat style pans that one sees in the market).
- 5. Add tomato and onion and sauté on medium-high heat.
- 6. Add green masala with coriander powder, cumin powder, crushed black pepper and salt. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- 7. Add fish to this spiced mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes, breaking up the fish with a spoon so it gets coated.
- 8. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Notes:Photo credits: aqibarif.files.wordpress.com