Galawat ka Qeema
This mincemeat recipe uses roasted spices that are then crushed and marinated in the mincemeat and then cooked on high flame.
- PREP TIME: 120 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg beef mince (qeema)
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon raw papaya
- 2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 10 Whole chilies (roasted+ground)
- 2 tablespoon Cumin seed (roasted+ground)
- 2 tablespoon Coriander (roasted+ground)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon Gram flour (roasted+ground)
- 1. Marinate beef mince with yoghurt, raw papaya, ginger garlic paste, chili flakes, gram flour, garam masala powder, cumin seed, coriander and salt.
- 2. Marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- 3. Heat oil and add mincemeat.
- 4. Saute the mincemeat for 5-10 minutes on high flame till the meat changes color.
- 5. Turn heat to simmer and cook for 45 minutes - 1 hour till mince is cooked and dry. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon to keep mashing the mincemeat every few minutes or so.
- 6. Serve hot.
Notes:Photo credits: thehouseofspice.com Serve with parathas, chopped mint & sliced onion along with green chutney.