A layer of biscuits, caramel filling topped with whipped cream and sliced bananas.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 240 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- Bananas 3
- Crushed Biscuits (Digestives, Marie, or other biscuits) 300 gm
- Butter 60 gm
- Cream 350 ml
- Icing sugar 1 tablespoon
- Dark chocolate, to decorate 100 gm
- Condensed milk 1 tin
- 1. Make Dulche De Leche or Condensed Milk Caramel.
- 2. Remove the label from the can of condensed milk. Place the cans into a pot of water. It needs to be deep enough for you to cover the cans with 1 to 2 inches of water.
- 3. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn into a low simmer.
- 4. Keep an eye on the water level and continue topping of the water if the water level drops.
- 5. Cook for at least 2 hours – this will result in a lighter caramel. If you prefer a deeper caramel, cook for 3 hours.
- 6. Turn off the heat. Take out the cans carefully and let them cool.
- 7. CAUTION: Do not open the cans when they are hot otherwise they might explode from the pressure.
- 8. Do not also let the water level go below the cans when on simmer.
- 9. For Banoffee Pie
- 10. Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- 11. Melt butter and mix in crushed biscuits. Press them down in a tart pan or a round dish.
- 12. Bake at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes till light golden. Set aside to cool.
- 13. Open the can of caramelized condensed milk and pour the caramel over the base.
- 14. Smoothen with a spatula or butter knife and refridgerate for an hour.
- 15. Slice banana’s and arrange over caramel.
- 16. Top with whipped cream
Notes:Photo Credits: orchardstreetkitchen