Make sure you get the freshest fish possible for this Asian style steamed fish.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 50gm spring onion greens sliced
- 3-4 fish fillets
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, crushed
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Put the onions and spring onions on the bottom of a steamer tray.
- 2. Put fish fillets on top.
- 3. Add lemon slices, chili and ginger, soya sauce with salt & white pepper.
- 4. Cover with a tight fitting lid and steam over a pan of simmering water.
- 5. Steam for 6-8 minutes – the fish will be opaque in color which is how you can tell it’s cooked.
- 6. Serve with rice and the leftover sauce on the side.