The apple in this crumble can be substituted with any other stone fruit like peaches, plums etc
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 50 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 kg apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 oz brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) flour
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 oz butter
- 5 oz brown sugar
- 1. Mix apples, sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- 2. Spread 1-2 tablespoon butter on the bottom of the baking dish.
- 3. Make the crumb topping by mixing flour, oats & brown sugar.
- 4. Rub in the butter till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- 5. Pour the apple mixture in the baking dish.
- 6. Spread the crumble on top.
- 7. Bake at 180 C for 40 minutes or until the crumble is golden and you can see the juices bubbling from the edges.
- 8. Once the crumble is baked, leave it outside for 10-15 minutes for the juices to settle.
- 9. Serve warm with cold ice-cream or custard.
Notes:Photo Credits: Shutterstock.com