Chicken Noodle Soup
This comforting noodle soup will fill you up on a cold winter day.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- ½ kg chicken (thigh and drumstick pieces)
- ½ kg carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and left whole
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- Few Parsley sprigs
- 2 litres water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz thin noodles, broken in small pieces and boiled
- Parsley, chopped to garnish
- 1. Put chicken, onion, garlic, carrots and parsley in a large pan with water and put to boil.
- 2. Once it boils, there will be foam that will rise to the top. Remove with a spoon and throw away.
- 3. Add salt & pepper.
- 4. Lower the heat and let it cook for an hour on simmer.
- 5. Remove the chicken and de-bone and cut in small pieces or shred it.
- 6. Add chicken and boiled noodles back into the pan.
- 7. Cook till warmed through.
- 8. Serve in soup bowls with parsley on top.
Notes:Photo credits: theunmanlychef Chicken soup or chicken stock is best made with chicken bones or bone-in chicken which have the most flavor versus chicken breast.