One should always have qeema in the fridge. It’s easy to cook and this particular recipe is bound to be a crowd pleaser.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1/2 kg beef or chicken mince
- ½ cup yoghurt (dahi)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole garam masala
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 1. Marinate mince, yoghurt, salt, turmeric (haldi) and garlic. Let marinate in the fridge for an hour.
- 2. Heat add, add garam masala, cumin seeds (zeera), chopped onions, chopped ginger, green chilies, red chili powder, coriander (dhaniya) powder. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- 3. Add tomatoes and let cook for 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the mincemeat and cook for a few minutes on medium-high heat till color changes.
- 5. Cover and cook on simmer till mincemeat is done.
- 6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Notes:Photo credits: thehouseofspice.com