Sausages in a Sweet and Tangy Sauce
Chicken Sausages are cooked in a sweet & tangy sauce made with vegetables & pineapples. Serve with fried rice.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 chicken cube or chicken powder
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 to 8 sausages (chicken or beef), sliced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large capsicum, julienne cut
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 tin pineapple chunks, pineapple juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons cornflour mixed in 1/4 cup cold water
- Sliced spring onion, for garnish
- 1. In a wok or large karhai, heat oil and add chopped garlic.
- 2. Saute a little till the aroma is released and then add tomato puree, chili sauce, soya sauce, ginger garlic paste, black pepper, chili flakes, chicken powder, brown sugar. Saute for 1-2 minutes and then add the reserved pineapple juices.
- 3. Add sausages, vegetables, pineapples and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
- 4. Taste and adjust seasonings if required.
- 5. Add cornflour dissolved in water to thicken the sauce.
- 6. Garnish with spring onion and serve hot with Chinese fried rice.