Date and Nut Truffles
These date & nut truffles have no extra sugar making them the perfect snack for people who are trying to eat healthy.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 1 cup pitted dates (the soft variety is best)
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- ¼ cup walnuts or almonds
- Coconut – to roll
- Cocoa Powder – to roll
- 1. Put the dates and butter and put them in a food processer. Pulse for a few seconds till chunky dough like mixture.
- 2. Take out the date mixture and add walnuts or almonds. Stir well.
- 3. Refridgerate for at least half an hour so that the mixture becomes stiff.
- 4. Take spoonfuls of the mixture and roll them into small balls using the palm of your hand.
- 5. Keep them on a butter paper wrapped sheet.
- 6. Refrigerate for 5 minutes again.
- 7. Roll in either cocoa powder or coconut. Alternatively, you can roll them in both and then serve guests a variety of truffles.
Notes:Photo credits: thoughtsoverchai.files.wordpress.com