Pasta & Beans Salad
This is a throw everything in a salad style recipe – great for a dinner party with friends.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- ¼ - ½ cup cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 ½ cup boiled macaroni (or other similar pasta shape)
- 1 cup black chickpeas (kalay chane)
- ½ cup red kidney beans (rajma)
- ½ cup white kidney beans (lobia)
- 2 boiled and chopped potatoes
- 2 boiled and chopped eggs
- 1 cup pineapple cubes
- 1 cup boiled corns or sweet corn
- Cream for garnishing
- Salt as required
- 1. Make salad dressing by combining cream, salt, pepper, vinegar and mustard powder.
- 2. In a salad bowl, add macaroni, chickpeas, red & white kidney beans, potatoes, eggs, pineapple cubes and corn/sweet corn. Stir together.
- 3. Add salad dressing and stir together well.
- 4. Leave in the refrigerator for half an hour to let the flavors meld together.
- 5. Season with more salt & pepper if required.
- 6. Serve cold.