Surmai Fish Curry
Serve this spicy fish curry with rice and achaar.
- PREP TIME: 45 minutes
- COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- Surmai fish 1kg, cleaned and cut into fillets
- Turmeric 1teaspoon
- Lemon juice 4tablespoon
- Yogurt 250g
- Green chilies, roughly chopped 50g
- Oil 1/2cup
- Onion paste 250g
- Crushed cumin (zeera) 2teaspoon
- Salt 1/2teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder 1/2teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 1teaspoon
- Chopped coriander a few leaves
- 1. Marinate the fish with turmeric and lemon juice. Leave aside for half an hour.
- 2. Add yoghurt in a blender with green chili’s and blend till smooth paste.
- 3. Heat oil in a pan and fry onion paste. Saute for a few minutes then add spices (ground cumin, salt, garam masala, ginger paste & garlic paste).
- 4. Add yoghurt paste along with 1-2 cups of water and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 5. Add fish pieces and cook for 10-15 minutes till fish is tender and cooked through.
- 6. Take out the fish in a serving dish and sprinkle fresh coriander leaves on top.
Notes:Photo Credits: CraveCookClick.