Sesame Fish Fingers
Sesame seeds add both crunch & texture to this fried fish recipe.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ½ kg boneless fish, cut into fingers or strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon red chili paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed cumin (zeera) seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- Oil for frying
- 1. Take boneless finger cut fish in a bowl. Add soya sauce, chili sauce, vinegar, red chili paste, salt, crushed cumin seeds, and garlic paste.
- 2. Mix well and leave it for 20 minutes to marinate.
- 3. Create an assembly line for coating the finger fish – cornflour, beaten egg and sesame seeds.
- 4. Coat the marinated fish first with cornflour, dip in beaten egg and then coat with sesame feeds.
- 5. Heat oil and fry the fish 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- 6. Use a slotted spoon to remove and drain on kitchen towel.
- 7. Serve hot with your preferred sauce and/or chutney.