Spaghetti with Pesto Sauce
This simple spaghetti is full of flavor with the addition of pesto sauce - a classic Italian sauce made with basil, Parmesan cheese & nuts.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 2 persons
- For the Pesto Sauce:
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or pine nuts
- Salt, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, whole; peeled
- 100 grams frozen peas, or fresh peas
- 250 gm spaghetti, boiled in a pinch of salt and olive oil
- 1. For the Pesto Sauce:
- 2. In a blender add all the ingredients and grind till paste is formed. Set aside.
- 3. For the Pasta:
- 4. Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- 5. Add garlic cloves and saute for a minute.
- 6. Add peas and saute for a few minutes till cooked through yet still maintaining shape.
- 7. Add pesto sauce and cook for about a minute.
- 8. Add the boiled spaghetti and toss till mixed through.
- 9. Garnish with fresh basil & parmesan.