Beef Seekh Kebabs
Make these spicy beef kebabs on the barbeque, on the grill or in the oven.
- PREP TIME: 60 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 medium onions
- 1-2 slices of bread, toasted and then crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 green or red chilies
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1. Wash and then squeeze out any excess moisture from the mince. Set aside.
- 2. Peel and chop the onions roughly, then grind them to a rough texture. Remove and squeeze out any excess moisture from the onions, then put them back in the grinder.
- 3. Add the chopped coriander, chilies, lemon juice, ginger and garlic paste. Pulse 1-2 times to combine.
- 4. Put the beef mince into the processer with the onion paste mixture. Use a spoon to mix the mixture and then pulse to combine properly. In case your processor is small, you can do this in small batches.
- 5. Turn this mixture out into a bowl. Add the salt, black pepper powder, cumin powder, beaten egg, butter and 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs. Mix thoroughly, kneading the mixture well to ensure everything is properly combined. If the mixture is sticky, add another tablespoon of the breadcrumbs.
- 6. Refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes – this makes it easier to handle & form into kebabs. Once you are ready to make the kebabs, oil your hands and grab a handful of the mixture and shape it over the seekh kebab stick / skewer. Make sure to smooth it so that there are no cracks. If you are doing a barbeque then keep kebabs on the skewer. If you are grilling on the stove or baking in the oven then you can take them off the skewer.
- 7. Barbeque / grill or bake the beef seekh kebab based on your preferences. If you are not using a barbeque you can smoke the kebabs by using a lit coal with a drop of oil.