Banana Walnut Bread
Enjoy this banana walnut bread for tea-time.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 2 cups all purposeflour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tblsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 180c.
- 2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in salt. Set aside.
- 3. In another mixing bowl, add both the sugars and oil. Mix together using a hand whisk. Add in egg and vanilla essence. Mix again.
- 4. Mash the bananas with a fork.
- 5. Now , add the bananas and sour cream and give it a good mix again.
- 6. Now using a spatula, mix in the dry ingredients a little at a time. in 3 batches preferably. Add in the walnuts at the end too, saving some for the top of the bread.
- 7. Mix the batter together lightly until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- 8. Pour the batter into a lined and greased baking pan. Bake for 45-60 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9. Let it cool in the pan completely before taking it out.