Aloo gosht is the classic daily dinner at a Pakistani household.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 75 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 4 potatoes
- 1 ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ kg mutton
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup Yogurt
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ bunch Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1. Peel potatoes and cut them into pieces.
- 2. Mix ½ teaspoon turmeric powder with water and soak the potato pieces in it.
- 3. In a pan heat oil, add mutton, onion, ginger garlic paste, remaining 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and 2 cups of hot water.
- 4. Cook till water dries and meat is tender.
- 5. Add yoghurt and potato pieces. Stir fry to crisp up the potatoes from the edges.
- 6. Add 2 cups of water and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes – the potatoes should be tender.
- 7. Once the oil separates, add garam masala powder, fresh dhaniya and chopped green chilies. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes and then turn off heat.
- 8. Serve hot with naan.