Beef Shish Kebabs
Get the best quality meat to make these melt in the mouth tender beef kebabs.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes (plus 8 hours marination)
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 1 kg beef undercut, boneless and cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika or 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin / zeera
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Meat tenderizer or papaya paste
- 2 medium onions, cut into quarters
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 capsicum, cut into quarters
- 1. Cut the beef into 1 1/2 to 1 3/4-inch cubes and place into a large mixing bowl. Set aside. The cubes need to be large enough to skewer properly yet small enough to cook quickly.
- 2. Put the garlic, paprika, turmeric, ground cumin, salt, black pepper, vinegar, olive oil and meat tenderizer in a bowl. Whisk together to combine.
- 3. Put the meat in the marinade and let it marinate for at least 6 – 8 hours.
- 4. Pre-heat the grill pan to medium heat. Thread the meat with vegetables on the skewer.
- 5. Cook the beef on medium-high heat till charred from the outside and then turn heat to low so that the meat can cook from inside.
- 6. Serve hot with rice and/or bread.