This Mexican salsa, salad or dip is absolutely delicious with chips. Serve with tortilla chips or our very own local chips.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 0 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2 ripe avocados (available at big supermarkets)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeds & pulp removed, finely chopped
- Tortilla chips or corn chips, for serving
- 1. Cut the avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and place in a bowl.
- 2. Mash the avocado with a fork. Don’t over mash it as it needs to be chunky.
- 3. Add salt & lemon juice.
- 4. Add onion, jalapeno peppers & coriander. Mix it together.
- 5. Taste & adjust seasonings if required – add more salt, lemon juice or jalapenos if needed.
- 6. Add tomatoes and serve.
- 7. The tomatoes need to be added just before serving as they can release water. If keeping guacamole is being kept in fridge, it needs to be covered with plastic wrap so the guacamole doesn’t turn brown.
- 8. Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.