Grilled Chicken with Herbs & Lemon
Have this quick & healthy grilled chicken with a light salad for dinner tonight.
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes (plus marination)
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh oregano or dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1. In a medium bowl, add olive oil, fresh oregano, garlic, lemon juice along with salt & pepper. Whisk together.
- 2. Put the chicken breast in the marinade and leave overnight in the fridge. The marinade can also be poured in a Ziploc bag with the chicken and then kept in the fridge.
- 3. Put a grill-pan on medium – high heat.
- 4. Place the chicken on the grill pan and cook on medium – high heat for 4 – 5 minutes on one side. Flip it over and then cook it on the other side. Turn heat on low and then let the chicken for another 10 – 12 minutes to make sure it is cooked through.
- 5. Take the chicken off heat and let it rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
- 6. Serve hot with a light green salad on the side.